Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Dreaded Ten Year Reunion Dress Hunt

Ok so the first of TWO ten year reunions (went to two high schools, the first one for three years but I graduated from the other) about a week ago. Before hand mom and I went dress shopping. Now I hate clothes shopping to begin with but dress shopping even more so. Then on top of that I was looking for a dress to wear in front of people I hadn't seen in almost 11 years. (This one was the school I went to for the first three years). And then to make matters all the more "fun" my mother doesn't understand that I know if something will fit or not just by looking at it. And I AM BUSTY STRAPLESS DOES NOT WORK!!!!!! One would think that being even bustier than I am she would understand this. I am not trying on something I know will not work. It just makes me even more depressed. So mom ended up extremely pissed off at me because I was being "picky". Picky is refusing something because you don't like it. Not refusing because it won't fit. Or was made for someone twice my age. Sorry it's a reunion seeing people I haven't seen in years and knowing half of them are less than half my size. Exspecially when the last time all these people saw me I was only about 130lbs and a DD. Now I am way heavier and way bustier. Eventually found a dress that would work, not a great dress but one that didn't make me look 500lbs or like a multi breasted alien, or that wouldn't get me arrested for indecent exposure. Plain simple black dress. And now I get to do it all over again for the next reunion. It isn't as formal as the first and we will be outdoors instead of in a hotel, but will be bar hoping after so I want to look good. It's also a small town (33 students in the graduating class) So I can't do anything too daring even if I did win most outrageously dressed in the senior class.......

God I miss those fake snake skin pants.....bright green and gave me a rocken ass....but that was ten years and five pant sizes ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment